Sunday, November 15, 2009

What is the name of the plastic sheet that babies are laid down on at every visit to the pediatricians clinic?

My baby has diaper rash and doctors medicines are not working .I think air drying his buttocks is the only remedy.So i have to keep my baby without diapers.I would like the purchase that sheet so that poop falls on the sheet .Please help.





I am referring to the sheet in which babies are laid on and then weighed on weighing scale.It has a (blue) plastic sheet behind and a cloth sheet in front.

What is the name of the plastic sheet that babies are laid down on at every visit to the pediatricians clinic?
Chux





They are disposable pads that are blue on the back and white on the front. We are not allowed to use them in the nursing home because they are too hard on the elderly's skin. we have washable cloth ones.....but they sell the disposable chux at any medical supply company. They would be fine for a baby, as their skin is not thin like an old person's.


OR


you can buy the cloth re-suable ones. they are either blue or pink on the back and white on the front. I have 3 of them. I used them to sponge bath the baby, but now they are under the sheet in the crib for leaky diapers or late night puking, and I have one under the pack n play sheet.


the reusable ones are about $20 each, a pack of 10 Chux is about the same price, at least around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment